Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSWR "60" class 4.4.0s

GSWR "60" class 4.4.0s

Hi Guys

Who would be the best person or place to find out more about this class of locos and who may also have a works drawings of them?

Thanks in advance.

Colin Rainsbury

New Irish Lines gave away drawings of GSR locomotive with their magazine but I don't see any D14's in them.

Cheers Kirley

I will ask Alan to see what he has.

Colin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin R View Post
    Cheers Kirley

I will ask Alan to see what he has.

Colin
    Tim Cramer built an O Gauge model of superheated D14 No 61 in lined green CIE livery and published an article on the "Irish Greyhounds" incl scale drawings in an Irish Modelling special published with British Railway Modelling April 2014.

The special included articles with coloured photos on Tony Raggs O Gauge Knockmore Junction & Noel Dodd's Greystones layout a staple of the Irish exhibition circuit during the late 1980s
    John

If I was going there I would'nt be starting here.

There's even a free pdf to download online but I didn't see the supplement
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirley View Post
    New Irish Lines gave away drawings of GSR locomotive with their magazine but I don't see any D14's in them.

The D14s were the small "Kerry Bogies". The 60 class were D17.....
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    The D14s were the small "Kerry Bogies". The 60 class were D17.....
    Was the D17 (Inchicore Class) not the GSWR/GSR Class 52?

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Aaaarrrgghhhh

Dxyslescicx moment; you are quite right, Kirley. Note to self: Rewind, reprogramme...............!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveController View Post
    There's even a free pdf to download online but I didn't see the supplement
    Hi there was the download part of the magazine? or is that at a different web address?

Just found the Irish supplement so that can be added to the list.

Colin
    Last edited by Colin R; 24-05-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin R View Post
    Hi there was the download part of the magazine? or is that at a different web address?

Just found the Irish supplement so that can be added to the list.

Colin
    It was a printed insert, and about as handy as chocolate teapot. All the drawings were scaled differently in the X Axis to the Y Axis so had a slightly elliptical profile to them. I took a fancy to an 0-6-0 GSWR, scanned it, then discovered the error whilst trying to re-draw it. It was mentioned to the editor, and I got no satisfaction. Stopped subscribing and contributing. R
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com