Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CIE Skeleton Wagon

They do look nice.
    ENNISCORTHYMAN

Great job, they look great with the containers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirley View Post
    No Kevin, that's a C-Rail 20ft Drybox kit that I made up.

Attachment 27809
    Great detail on Aaron's containers, goes very well with the skeletal, I think. They also look well unloaded to show off the detail on the flat itself
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Banned
    They are going to get a new model wagons for the model railway layout

Blog Entries
    Leslie seems to have kept quiet about this one, but shares a similar chassis to the beet doubles

Nice looking wagon which fills a large gap in 'modernish" Irish freight stock as the chassis is similar to those used under the Burma and CIE Stores Oil Tank Wagons.

The flats seem to have been mainly used for carrying oil and bitumen containers following the widespread introduction of bogie container flats and fertiliser wagons.

The Irish Tar & Bitumen containers were similar in design to http://www.meeberg.com/stock-for-sal...r-sale/stock/6 with a steel billboard fixed across the bracing bay at one end with advertising for Irish Tar and Bitumen.

Perhaps Weshty might release the container from Ammonia barrier wagon kit as a separate item & with Irish Tar and Bitumen billboards and decal sets.
    John

If I was going there I would'nt be starting here.

Or maybe Kirley just managed to persuade Leslie to part with a couple of chassis.

Stephen

Banned
    I have all the drawings of the wagons and trains coaches from Irish rail who instead of getting a set for your layout call me back

Quote Originally Posted by Mayner View Post
    Leslie seems to have kept quiet about this one, but shares a similar chassis to the beet doubles

Nice looking wagon which fills a large gap in 'modernish" Irish freight stock as the chassis is similar to those used under the Burma and CIE Stores Oil Tank Wagons.

The flats seem to have been mainly used for carrying oil and bitumen containers following the widespread introduction of bogie container flats and fertiliser wagons.

The Irish Tar & Bitumen containers were similar in design to http://www.meeberg.com/stock-for-sal...r-sale/stock/6 with a steel billboard fixed across the bracing bay at one end with advertising for Irish Tar and Bitumen.

Perhaps Weshty might release the container from Ammonia barrier wagon kit as a separate item & with Irish Tar and Bitumen billboards and decal sets.
    That link doesn't seem to be working, John
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Banned
    I am getting some of the log wagons from Tom Brady as well