Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Railwayiana Auction, Birr, May 10th, 2017.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WRENNEIRE View Post
    Hung a few over the weekend as well

That 184 plate is interesting, in that it's one of the ones specially cast for her to appear in a special livery for filming about 1959/60-ish. It is thus unique.

Naturally, she had carried a painted number for some years before, and the original Inchicore plate would have disappeared some time in the late 49s / early 50s.

I'm presuming the DSER one is off a wagon. No coach or loco had anything like that.

As far as I am aware, full lists of DSER wagons haven't survived, so finding out exactly what it came off might be difficult.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Broithe View Post
    The words 'hung, 'over' and 'weekend' so often occur in the same sentence...
    As does the word 'few' common uses can include 'going out for a few' or 'sure I've only had a few'

'few' also is a common unit of measurement denoting an unquantifiable volume of ale or spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by WRENNEIRE View Post
    Picked this one up also
    I dont think its a Railway one though
    Maybe from a tram?

No, I think you're in luck Dave. I'm pretty sure it's from a Hill of Howth tram

EDIT: it took some time to find evidence to back that statement up....
    http://irishphotoarchive.photoshelte...xTFvUN0D9Vow--
    Last edited by DiveController; 18-05-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"