Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to a Steam Shed near you - the Class UG is in the Post!

Coming to a Steam Shed near you - the Class UG is in the Post!

The postman brought a very welcome letter this morning - a demand for payment for my Class UG from 00 Works.

I knew it was close, as a friend had received his letter the other day.

Well, I've paid by bank transfer, so I hope to post piccies within a few days.

Watch this space!

Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by leslie10646 View Post
    The postman brought a very welcome letter this morning - a demand for payment for my Class UG from 00 Works.

I knew it was close, as a friend had received his letter the other day.

Well, I've paid by bank transfer, so I hope to post piccies within a few days.

Watch this space!

Leslie
    *Gasp*
    Bigger is Better(But there are many exceptions!)

Harry

I understand that it'll arrive on Wednesday - sleepless nights until then?

I'll post a pic when it arrives, although I bet I'm not the only one waiting?

Leslie

Nothing here yet ..... but I'm not sure which batch is being produced right now and where I am on the production schedule. I hope they took heed of the balancing issues and tweaked the model
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Looking forward to seeing this Leslie. A 0-6-0 should have none of the balancing problems some have experienced.....

I've not gone for one of their UG's though... I may well do if they do a GNRi one in due course. It'll be interesting to hear what they may do next now that they've sorted their motor issues.....

Richard.

Whoops, my mistake. I'm still waiting a U, which was was I was thinking about in my mind
    Not gone for the UG yet

Too late, they've all sold out, so unless enough of us ask them nicely to do a second run, that's it, no more.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
    Too late, they've all sold out, so unless enough of us ask them nicely to do a second run, that's it, no more.

Stephen
    Not to worry. I'll be happy if I ever get the U with a new motor and so forth. I guess demand will determine if they do another run or not. Thanks

Photos now on the OO Works website, in the 'News' section. As much as I have little affection for the UTA, the lined black livery looks very attractive. Another superb model, mine is in the post!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EH View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this Leslie. A 0-6-0 should have none of the balancing problems some have experienced.....

I've not gone for one of their UG's though... I may well do if they do a GNRi one in due course. It'll be interesting to hear what they may do next now that they've sorted their motor issues.....

Richard.
    Richard - a couple of us at least asked for one in plain black - in effect the GN livery, but my first one will be Good 'ol No.49 in UTA lined black, which as Patrick says, looks good. Like him, I hate to admit that ANYTHING the UTA did was good!

As for you guys who didn't order, as Stevie says, they're sold out -

BUT, I know from talking to Roderick himself the other day, he would do another batch if he gets about ten orders, so hopefully when you steam men get reports on the loco you'll get your name down.

The UG was arguably a more useful loco than the U itself - just about capable of mile a minute on a passenger, but good for a decent length goods train - I've just brought a few dozen of my wagons out of store to see how many it can move!!!

Reports next week, but by the sound of it, the first photos will be from Patrick!