Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to a Steam Shed near you - the Class UG is in the Post!

My God, its looks fantastic Kirley. Is this layout going to be on display in Bangor in April?

Great video - enjoyed that, thanks Kirley!

Is that the mechanism that's not meshing or is it pickups? Appears smoother under a heavy load, but impressive looking bit of kit nonetheless. R.
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Kieran

That's the best advert I've ever seen for Provincial Wagons - an entire train of my wagons behind your little UG!

Seventeen and a van is longer than most layouts could manage. I have tested it with 24 and a van and it went fine. I must try it with thirty!

Fine little loco.

Leslie
    Last edited by leslie10646; 24-03-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Looks great doesn't it, bet you're pleased with yours Leslie!

Looking forward to hearing what they do next.....!

Richard.

I'm really gutted that I didn't get to hear about 00 Works earlier and maybe I could have put in an order for both locos also. There certainly are none left and nothing coming out until the end of the year. When were they first advertised and how long ago were orders placed? I don't suppose anyone has one for sale?

The first acknowledgement that I got of these locos was from January last year in this thread. http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...ighlight=works
    Nelson
    1̶5̶,̶1̶6̶,̶1̶7̶ 18 years old, and,
    Modelling the LNER, LMS NCC and UTA (steam of course)

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Surely to goodness the lining isn't red and WHITE? Are we looking at a Hornby British Railways engine?

Ye gads. This is absolutely elementary stuff.

Or does my befuddled mind play tricks on me? Has the gargle dimmed me brain?
    Last edited by jhb171achill; 26-03-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    Surely to goodness the lining isn't red and WHITE? Are we looking at a Hornby British Railways engine?

Ye gads. This is absolutely elementary stuff.

Or does my befuddled mind play tricks on me? Has the gargle dimmed me brain?
    My dear John

When I referred to the glaringly obvious error earlier in this thread (Post 11 to be precise) - I assumed that YOU of all people would have seen it.

If one intended to keep it in UTA black lined livery, then it won't do, for it should be straw and red (crimson?) lining. Say what you like about the UTA (and we do!!!) their lined livery was a lovely example of the painter's art.

As mine will, in time, get Great Northern'ived with a plain black livery, numbers and letters - honestly, I'm not too worried.

But it's a shame that this error slipped through on what is a super little engine.
    Last edited by leslie10646; 26-03-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Tony

The Class U and Class UG were announced, as Nelson says, about 14/15 months ago.

Talking to Roderick, he WOULD consider add-on runs if there was the demand - I think the figure ten was mentioned.

Now, I have already asked for a send UG and have been put on a waiting list - if you are interested then I suggest that you do the same and ask to be considered if it becomes available agin.

I was surprised to find that he made less UG's (to fulfil a smaller demand) than Class U's. I would have thought it the more useful engine, but who can resist a BLUE 4-4-0?

Tony, and the rest of you who may now be having second thoughts, if you want a UG and are not on the list already, maybe you'd PM me and I'll keep a tab of how many are wanted. Then I'll try and persuade Roderick to do another small batch.

Regards

Leslie
    PS must get mine off to have its chip put in!