Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED n gauge locos

Thanks for the reply dropshort. I would be interested in the shapeways loco bodies, coaches, wagons and cars.

I'm in rented accommodation at the moment so n gauge is the only scale I can realistically work with, and even then it's taking up space in our shared garage. I like the look of n gauge. I'm not worried about everything not looking totally prototypical. It's a representation of the real thing, it can be a little abstract :-) I'm in my 30s so my eyesight is still good too. Bonus.

I never realised British n gauge was also a botch job like oo. Surely it didn't need to be as the excuse for OO was that the motors wouldn't fit, I Believe, ??

Quote Originally Posted by richrua View Post
    I never realised British n gauge was also a botch job like oo. Surely it didn't need to be as the excuse for OO was that the motors wouldn't fit, I Believe, ??
    It was the motors again, the British loading gauge is a good bit smaller that the US one and so the internal space in the model locos is correspondingly smaller - too small at the time...

Essentially the same problem as had occurred with 00.
    My best work has been spread over many fields..