Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wexford Model Railway Club Easter Exhibition 2017

I headed down as well from Dublin. Was my first time attending. Well, well worth the visit! Lots of excellent layouts, both static and operational covering the rail, marine, military and haulage industries. Lots of space to view the layouts and some great chats along the way. Definitely well worth the visit! I, too, will be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 108 View Post
    I had a slightly shorter 250 mile round trip. My first time at this great show. I'll be back next year.
    Unfortunately missed the legendary WMRC layout exhibition due to a last minute hitch that took me 250 miles in the wrong direction. Had planned to come down by train on Easter Monday. I've heard nothing but superlatives for this show, it's spacious venue and the vast number of excellent layouts it hosts. Will definitely make it next year. Looking forward to seeing a few pics and videos in due course.

Some views around the Wexford Easter Show 2017

A few shots from around the show:

Name:  DSCF1514.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  108.4 KBName:  DSCF1522.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  153.4 KBName:  DSCF1521.jpg
Size:  144.1 KBName:  DSCF1520.jpg
Size:  131.4 KBName:  DSCF1519.jpg
Size:  121.0 KBName:  DSCF1518.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  106.4 KBName:  DSCF1517.jpg
Size:  120.2 KBName:  DSCF1516.jpg
Size:  118.8 KBName:  DSCF1515.jpg
Size:  124.9 KBName:  DSCF1523.jpg
Size:  121.6 KB

More views from the floor

Name:  DSCF1526.jpg
Size:  107.2 KBName:  DSCF1536.jpg
Size:  143.5 KBName:  DSCF1535.jpg
Size:  126.0 KBName:  DSCF1534.jpg
Size:  101.4 KBName:  DSCF1533.jpg
Size:  117.2 KBName:  DSCF1532.jpg
Size:  97.7 KBName:  DSCF1531.jpg
Size:  111.4 KBName:  DSCF1530.jpg
Size:  115.6 KBName:  DSCF1529.jpg
Size:  109.5 KBName:  DSCF1528.jpg
Size:  129.7 KBName:  DSCF1527.jpg
Size:  137.9 KBName:  DSCF1524.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  118.3 KBName:  DSCF1525.jpg
Size:  114.8 KBName:  DSCF1537.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  69.9 KB

Hi

It was a great show, lots of layouts and loads of chat, thoroughly enjoyed it

Well done to all the Wexford chaps and visitors

Eoin
    www.ecmtrains.com - Manufacturing the Model Dart

I feel your pain lads, 6 hour, 250 mile round trip. But worth it, 2nd time there. Good location, easy parking, great displays, and trade stands. Some serious amount of experience and expertise in the hall. And all willing to answer even the stupidest questions. Can see the sale of blue LEDs going up, after the show. Would love a more frequently show in the Clare, Limerick, Galway area, but doubt the numbers would make it worthwhile😩
    Thanks to all involved, great show, great day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Claretrainman View Post
    I feel your pain lads, 6 hour, 250 mile round trip. But worth it, 2nd time there. Good location, easy parking, great displays, and trade stands. Some serious amount of experience and expertise in the hall. And all willing to answer even the stupidest questions. Can see the sale of blue LEDs going up, after the show. Would love a more frequently show in the Clare, Limerick, Galway area, but doubt the numbers would make it worthwhile��
    Thanks to all involved, great show, great day out.
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments and a special thanks to all who helped manage the show, the traders, exhibitors and the many, many visitors.

Next year will be bigger and better as it will be the 10th Easter Show at St Joseph's and we will be celebrating Wexford Model Railway Clubs 40th Birthday in 2018! So come join us to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrailwayman View Post
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments and a special thanks to all who helped manage the show, the traders, exhibitors and the many, many visitors.

Next year will be bigger and better as it will be the 10th Easter Show at St Joseph's and we will be celebrating Wexford Model Railway Clubs 40th Birthday in 2018! So come join us to celebrate.
    Looks like it was a great show. We're sorry we missed it, but family commitments for all of us dictated that IRM could not take up your very kind invitation. We'll try our best to be there next year! Well done!
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrailwayman View Post

Had a very enjoyable weekend with my Campbell Riverside layout, was nice to be next to Bushville layout too. Also a great opportunity to meet up with fellow modellers. Looking forward to next years show.

Regards

John