Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 1,141 to 1,146 of 1146

Thread: eBay Watch

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broithe View Post
    There is still, quite bizarrely, a lot of confusion here on the Big Island about what is in the UK and what isn't. It is by no means unusual to see people get off the Dublin ferry with Sterling cash and be quite agitated when it's refused. I have posted stuff to Laois on occasion and have been told, more than once, by Post Office counter clerks, that "it must be in Northern Ireland", I've had to argue to get the right postage on it and avoid the issue at the other end. I have even had that argument with the same clerk twice now.

People are also often very perturbed by the lack of a Postcode, even though Eircodes are available now - if you do use an Eircode, you risk being told that it is wrong, because it 'looks different'.
    Absolutely ridiculous, especially from a so-called postal person! I have to say the post office near me (yes, we still have one) is very good, but if a post office can't tell the difference between a British postcode an eircode; and don't know where Co. Laois is, hmmm......

They'd know where Normandy or Alabama were, without ever necessarily having set foot in France or the USA!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    They'd know where Normandy or Alabama were, without ever necessarily having set foot in France or the USA!
    Very few films or TV programmes even mention Laois, much less are set in it...

Even all the CI registered vehicles in Father Ted have failed to raise the profile.
    Last edited by Broithe; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:42 PM.
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

It's in Southeast Asia near Burma isn't it, or maybe I'm mixed up with a South American country, or a city in Nigeria?

Now I know "County Laois-Offaly", cause its in the telly every general election, there is always some red-necks leaping up and down screaming hullabaloos in soprano voices, carrying an old red faced guy around on their shoulders with a badly fitted toupee when the election count is read out and somebody has won something.
    Last edited by Noel; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:38 PM.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    It's in Southeast Asia near Burma isn't it, or maybe I'm mixed up with a South American country, or a city in Nigeria?

Now I know "County Laois-Offaly", cause its in the telly every general election, there is always some red-necks leaping up and down screaming hullabaloos in soprano voices, carrying an old faced guy around on their shoulders with a badly fitted toupee when the election count is read out and somebody has won something.
    That would be Jackie "Ming" Ray-Healy, the King'o'the Culchies, boyo.

Even all the CI registered vehicles in Father Ted have failed to raise the profile.
    Scandlas, boy.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post

Now I know "County Laois-Offaly", cause its in the telly every general election, there is always some red-necks leaping up and down screaming hullabaloos in soprano voices, carrying an old faced guy around on their shoulders with a badly fitted toupee when the election count is read out and somebody has won something.
    I remain concerned that the Durrow Scarecrow Festival could so easily transform into a Wicker Man style event.
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

I remain concerned that the Durrow Scarecrow Festival could so easily transform into a Wicker Man style event.
    I would ring Joe Duffy on that one, Broithe. That'll sort 'em out.