Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Class A ECMCHAS for Silver Fox Model

Class A ECMCHAS for Silver Fox Model

I have the design of the chassis and running gear complete, but this project has been on the shelf while doing the DARTs, though I am tipping away at the bogie frame sides and here is the story so far;....

The motors will be Tenshodo Spuds with a little brass truck to carry the third axle, this affair will pivot off an etched brass side frame mount fixed to the Spud body- I've yet to make one of these to test.

So with that decided! I set about working up the patterns for the bogie sides which will be cast in white metal. The photos show the main side frames cut out and part cleaned up, cut from 1mm black styrene, it's a bit softer than the white stuff. Each frame is in two bits and will be stuck together to give 3d look. The white cut-out laid on top is cut from never-tare paper which will be used for detailing the frames, and the springs are made of plastic- cast from a mould made from a M3 bolt, only half the bolt is cast for making up the springs. M3 bolt thread is a bit small and not the right scale, I might re-visit that one....

Name:  AC-00 IMAG2374.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  AC-01 IMAG2373.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  95.7 KB

Next step is to work out the shock absorbers and mounts and all should be ready to glue up!!

Eoin
    www.ecmtrains.com - Manufacturing the Model Dart

Blog Entries
    That's looking good. Eoin

Delighted to see the progress you are making on these Eoin. Looking forward to seeing it in white metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirley View Post
    Delighted to see the progress you are making on these Eoin. Looking forward to seeing it in white metal.
    +1
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Coming along nicely. Looking forward to the final product

Hi

I have progressed a little further on the patterns

I re-made the springs with a coarser 3mm bolt which gives a better spring look and more to scale, the shots are of the components going together- some are glued down and others not until the glue is cleaned up....

Name:  AC-02 IMAG2399.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  AC-03 IMAG2401.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  AC-04 IMAG2407.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  AC-05 IMAG2406.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  AC-06 IMAG2408.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  79.4 KB

.....There is not enough hours in the day!

Eoin
    www.ecmtrains.com - Manufacturing the Model Dart

Jayzus, that's stunning work, Eoin!

The detail on the bogie side looks fantastic Eoin, once you are satisfied with the components is casting the next stage?

Nice. I like your approach. Flashbacks to doing the old Y33...

Jeepers! That's looking well now, Eoin
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"