Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Railway Models Launch

So, to the news!

As Patrick mentioned earlier, himself and myself had to fly out to Germany this weekend to meet our Chinese factory representatives to discuss and finalise a number of details. They are as follows:

1. The ballast wagon will be going into production next week after Chinese New Year ends with a delivery date of late April 2017.

2. The tooling for our Tara Mines wagon will start next week also, which will see our production schedule accelerate dramatically now we are dealing directly with our factory.

3. Once the Ballasts lands the bubbles will go to production with a summer 2017 release date.

4. We have secured extra production capacity with our manufacturing partner which will see an increase of new models we will be bringing to market. Some of these will be fairly easy to guess while others will come as a surprise to many!

That's the news folks! It's been a hugely tiring day but we've reacquainted ourselves with some old friends, made some new ones and have begun our next chapter!

That's all fantastic news Fran. Hope yourself and Pat enjoyed what sounds like a good weekend.

Rich,

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    4. We have secured extra production capacity with our manufacturing partner which will see an increase of new models we will be bringing to market. Some of these will be fairly easy to guess while others will come as a surprise to many!
    Don't go mad now - think of our pockets....
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

So, to the news!

As Patrick mentioned earlier, himself and myself had to fly out to Germany this weekend to meet our Chinese factory representatives to discuss and finalise a number of details. They are as follows:

1. The ballast wagon will be going into production next week after Chinese New Year ends with a delivery date of late April 2017.

2. The tooling for our Tara Mines wagon will start next week also, which will see our production schedule accelerate dramatically now we are dealing directly with our factory.

3. Once the Ballasts lands the bubbles will go to production with a summer 2017 release date.

That's the news folks! It's been a hugely tiring day but we've reacquainted ourselves with some old friends, made some new ones and have begun our next chapter!
    Very good news, indeed!
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

So, to the news!

Good news
    great news
    even better news
    damn cryptic annoying news, just tell us already!

Any possibility of a fourth triple pack of ballast wagons, please?

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
    Any possibility of a fourth triple pack of ballast wagons, please?

Stephen
    Hi Steve, we won't be considering any further ballast runs until the first three sets sell-out.

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Blog Entries
    Patrick, Stephen, Fran & Richie do you intend continuing with the crowd funding model for the Tara's and new models planned? Funding models up front from your own resources is one hell of a financial risk, MM Cravens were beautiful models but took one hell of a time to sell out.
    John

If I was going there I would'nt be starting here.

Great news guys. Especially the news on the Taras being fast tracked somewhat as they are a personal favourite of mine and I'd preorder a dozen right now if I could.. The prospect of RTR models that we're not exactly expecting very intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayner View Post
    Patrick, Stephen, Fran & Richie do you intend continuing with the crowd funding model for the Tara's and new models planned? Funding models up front from your own resources is one hell of a financial risk, MM Cravens were beautiful models but took one hell of a time to sell out.
    Hi John, thank you for the question! IRM has always been 'externally' funded. We've never crowdfunded any of our releases, but we did open the order book early on the Ballasts to help guage demand (and cashflow) and likewise the Bubbles. Unlike crowdfunded projects you may have seen, the production of our models are never dependant on a target level of presales or 'crowd' support.

We plan to bring the Tara mines wagon to market, opening the order book at the very earliest once they are en route, and we have a number of 'surprise' models due in 2017 also

Hope that helps
    Stephen
    Last edited by BosKonay; 06-02-2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: typo
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com