Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Class C ECMCHAS For Silver Fox Kit.

Following this one with great interest.

Hi

A post to bring this up to date!

The problem with the bogie side moulds is our atmosphere gets in the way! Thats why moulding guys use a centrifuge, but I have not acquired one yet. With recent problems casting the DART pantographs I tested the solution of making a very hefty pouring gate into the moulds- this works, the weight of the metal forces the air out!

The moulds are scheduled to be remade

Eoin
    www.ecmtrains.com - Manufacturing the Model Dart

Quote Originally Posted by murrayec View Post
    Hi

A post to bring this up to date!

The problem with the bogie side moulds is our atmosphere gets in the way! Thats why moulding guys use a centrifuge, but I have not acquired one yet. With recent problems casting the DART pantographs I tested the solution of making a very hefty pouring gate into the moulds- this works, the weight of the metal forces the air out!

The moulds are scheduled to be remade

Eoin
    Hi Eoin, by co-incidence I had just finished re-reading this superb thread. Excellent engineering. Really looking forward to seeing this develop. I have a soft spot for the C class. Noel