Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ballybrophy.

My best work has been spread over many fields..

The works to improve the junctions at the bridge are underway.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    Over twenty going Ballybrophy to Nenagh and back? That in itself is interesting, as I assume that the few that DO use the woeful service on the branch were probably mostly going to Limerick.
    JB this is quite correct I used the train quite a lot in 2014 and 2015.

Majority of passengers go as far as Nenagh...very few after...which is why I think it was ridiculous investing in the Nenagh - Limerick section with a vastly improved motorway being built adjacent. If the line was terminated at Nenagh the same rolling stock could be used to double the frequency on the Nenagh - Ballybrophy section at more suitable times for passengers, this has been indicated in the Aecom Report published relatively recently within the past few years.

Also when on the train I know of a handful of people that DROVE to Ballybrophy from Nenagh to commute!!!! They always got the 18:00 back to Ballybrophy to collect their cars